“The Board is composed of the President, and four independent directors appointed to one-year renewable terms.”
Diane Thorp, President
I am a textile artist and work in my studio as much as possible. My mixed media pieces have been displayed in galleries and juried shows. Over the years, I have been on the ArtSea Executive, chaired the Sidney Fine Art Show Committee, and was one of the initial organizers of the Peninsula ArtSea Festival.
Susan Lane, Vice-President
I am a retired Chartered Professional Accountant. I had my own practice and was a shareholder in a construction company. In both my professional and volunteer life, I have worked with non-profits and registered charities. As with others who have retired, I happily decided to give back to the community where my skills would be most useful. I have been with the ArtSea Community Arts Council for about seven years and have enjoyed working with and meeting other Board members and volunteers.
Susan Irvine, Treasurer
Susan Nawrocki, Secretary
Patty Wilson, Director
- Finance – Susan Irvine (Lead), Diane Thorp
- Development – Diane Thorp (Lead)
- Policy – Susan Irvine (Lead)
- Communication, Advertising – Susan Nawrocki (Lead)
- Membership, Volunteers, Gallery Liaison – Patty Wilson (Lead)
Program and Project Committees
The Program Committee Members manage the delivery of the ArtSea Programs. They prepare and manage budgets for the programs, and provide recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding the opportunities for new programs, or required changes to current programs.
- ArtSea Gallery Committee – Dale MacEwan (Lead), Ethel Mailhot, Heather Corbitt, Gail Hazlehurst
- Small Expressions – Dale MacEwan (Lead), Patty Wilson, Heather Corbitt, Gail Hazlehurst
- Artisans – Patty Wilson (Lead), Ethel Mailhot, Arli Law, Heather Corbitt, Helen Thomas, Nancy Bissonnette, Gail Hazlehurst, Louise Piquette
- Sidney Fine Art Show – Marg Melvin (Lead), Denny Gelinas, Susan Lane, Terry Murray, Helen McDiarmid, Marilyn Norman, Sarah Belanger, Susan Burns, Gord Mains
- ArtSea Studio Tours – Wendy Picken (Lead), Paul Harder, Donna K. Williams, Wendy Pierce-Diamond, Barry Tate, Sean McNeill
- Taste of Tulista – Terry Murray (Lead), Patty Wilson
- Salish Sea Lantern Festival – Jennifer Witvliet (Contract)
Office Administrator – Brenda Milne
To CONTACT the Directors, Committee Leads or Committee Members, please call the ArtSea Office at 250-656-7400 or email: email@example.com